SEARCYS IS COMMITTED TO PROTECTING AND RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
We keep certain basic information when you visit our websites or do business with us and we recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it. This policy sets out the basis on which we collect, store and use any personal data which we learn about you from your use of our website. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Searcy Tansley and Company Limited whose registered office is TVP2, 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1PT, registered in England and Wales with company number 00331909.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect, store, use or otherwise process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may provide us with information by filling in forms on any of our websites or through any manner of correspondence with us in relation to the services or goods we provide you (including a record of that correspondence or those services or goods). This includes information provided when making any enquiry in relation to our website, venues or services; registering to use any part of our site; subscribing to any of mailing services; making a reservation for one of our venues; sending us a job application; purchasing a gift vouchers; contacting us in relation to a problem with our website; and/or contacting us for any other reason.
• Information we collect about you via cookies. We may also obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to continuously improve our website.
We use the following cookies:
o Strictly necessary cookies. These are required for the operation of our website, for example, to log into secure areas of our website or use the shopping cart when purchasing gift vouchers from our website.
o Analytical/performance cookies. These are required to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. The information collected may relate to your computer (e.g. IP address and operating system) as well as your visit to our website but the information will generally be statistical data without connecting to you as an individual. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
o Functionality cookies. These are required to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
o Targeting cookies. These are required to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You can also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser (usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu) that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. You will be able to use our website even if your browser is set to block cookies however, certain features and content may not be available to you. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 3 months and any membership log-in details will be deleted as soon as you close the browser.
For further information on cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org or contact us on email@example.com.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To review any job applications which you submit via the “Careers” section of the website and to contact you in relation to these applications. Please note that we may keep your application on file for any future vacancies although, if you would prefer that we didn’t, please let us know and we won’t do so.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website (when you choose to do so).
• To notify you about changes to our services.
• To administer our website and to ensure it is kept safe and secure.
We may also permit carefully selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use trusted third party service providers from time to time to provide you with the goods and services available via our website including Bookatable.co.uk, designmynight.com and their affiliates when you book a table at one of our venues and Stripe for any payments or refunds relating to the purchase of gift vouchers. Searcys do not store any payment information whatsoever.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (or you enter in with them through us).
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
HOW WE WILL PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Where there is the option to register for a particular area of any of our websites and we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to enable you to access this area of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You have the right to:
• access a copy of the information which we hold about you. Any access request is subject to a fee of £10 (cheques to be made payable to Searcy Tansley and Company Limited) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you;
• ask us to update, correct or remove any out-of-date or incorrect personal data which we hold about you. We may also ask you from time to time to correct information if we think it is no longer inaccurate; and
• ask us not to send you any marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes – you can exercise your right to opt out of marketing communications at that point by checking the relevant box on the form used to collect your information or at any point in future (even if you have previously agreed to us sending you marketing communications).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on the contact details listed below. To exercise your right to opt out of marketing communications, you may also use the unsubscribe link on any email we send you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.